SharePoint is a set of powerful, state-of-the-art technologies many of our clients have found unparalleled. The basic Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) comes included with your Microsoft Server Operating System. The Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) is available to nonprofits as a donation from TechSoup Stock.
Some of the capabilities our clients have used SharePoint for include:
- Ready-made company intranet — for announcements, staff directories, calendars and events, and frequently needed files
- Document collaboration portal — with version control, ability to have discussions about documents, and advanced searching and indexing
- An integrated portal to access data from multiple back-office systems in one place
- Ready-made Board of Directors website — with calendar for board meetings, posting of minutes and review documents, contact information, ability to poll members and announcements
Confluence provides SharePoint services including:
- Evaluation of whether SharePoint is right for you
- Demonstrations of SharePoint concepts and capabilities
- Documentation of requirements for SharePoint implementations — suitable for getting estimates from developers from, and project tracking
- Creation of an implementation plan and estimate
- Customization of SharePoint to meet specific needs
- Integration of SharePoint with other software systems
What Our Clients Say
"I wish to thank you once more for the great work you've done […] What I heard from everybody were just praises of the quality of your questions, your approach to the problem, and your insight."
Population Action International
Confluence created a concept of operations for the internal use of SharePoint, followed by implementation assistance. In this case SharePoint was deployed as the organization's intranet. Each department has its own section. Back-office systems all are accessible from the one portal.
La Piana Consulting
After performing a strategic technology assessment, Confluence recommended that this virtual organization move to Microsoft's Business Productivity Online Standard Suite. This offering combines Microsoft Exchange, LiveMeeting, Office Communications and SharePoint into one integrated, hosted solution. For staff that must collaborate but work across the country and travel often, SharePoint offers a centralized, easy-to-use and easy-to-access web space for files, discussions, announcements, contact information and more.
We designed and implemented a web-based display of data collected by the Lodestar Foundation to support the Collaboration Prize. This included a searchable full-text indexed MySQL database with custom PHP programming to house applicant data.