Confluence is a national expert in the customization and programming of Joomla! Once open source Content Management Systems (CMS) became viable alternatives to custom or commercial alternatives, Confluence researched the options to choose the best platform to recommend, offer to our clients and be expert in. We choose Joomla!.
There are two primary reasons:
- Joomla! has the largest market share currently of any open source CMS. (See The 2008 Open Source CMS Market Share Report, by Ric Shreves. Published by water&stone. This means more plug-ins, more support, more continued development, and a better chance of staying vibrant long-term.
- Joomla! is just easier for non-technical users to perform routine edits to their websites. While other CMSs may be favored by programmers and technical experts, we are here to provide the best solutions for our clients' use. See Idealware's recentcomparison of the most popular CMSs.
We provide the following Joomla! related services and more...
- Implement any website in Joomla! We can take any website and implement it within Joomla!
- Joomla! training and ad-hoc support
- Putting a new graphical design on top of a Joomla!-based site
- Upgrade an existing Joomla! site to the most current version of Joomla!
- Customize an existing Joomla! site by integrating third-party extensions, integrating the CMS with other software systems, or altering any default behavior.
- Routine website updates. Some of our clients prefer to have us make changes to their website for them -- not because Joomla! isn't easy to use, but because they prefer to spend their time in other areas.
What Our Clients Say
"I had to take a minute to tell you what a joy it has been working with […]. He has certainly gone above and beyond for us as work towards finalizing our new and improved web site. Since we have been working together over the last two weeks he has been very accommodating, professional and patient with us and we are most appreciative. You are fortunate to have him working for you."
The Gerontological Society of America
For The Gerontological Society of America, we created a graphical design and implemented this website from scratch. It has a seamless single sign-on between the website and the back-office membership management database (for members-only content) and also between the website and the publisher of the journals that members get online access to, as part of their membership benefits. This Joomla! CMS was extended to contain a customized calendar of events. The public can submit events they think should be on the GSA calendar, which are reviewed by GSA staff and if accepted, automatically appear on the calendar.
The National Association of People with AIDS
For The National Association of People with AIDS, we completely re-implemented their existing website, design and all, in Joomla!.
Meals on Wheels Association of America
For Meals on Wheels Association of America, we are implementing a new Professional Resource Center using Joomla! and the DocMan extension. We created the design and made functional modifications to DocMan to incorporate the Dublin Core metadata standard, nested categorization, and an incorporated document viewer, courtesy of Google.
Bell Nursery partnered with Confluence to complete a full site redesign and development. We rearchitected their marketing website and integrated their HR intranet into a robust sales/marketing tool and company-wide utility. Bell Nursery plants and flowers are only available for sale at the Home Depot – as such, we developed a Store Locator tool that displays the user's closest Home Depot based on IP address. A current weather tool – also useful for gardeners – shares space in the masthead next to the sitewide search tool. HR documents are available behind a password login screen.
For Choice USA, we moved their entire Joomla! website, upgraded it to the most current version, and implemented a number of functional enhancements.
Requirements analysis for documenting needs for a CRM system and assessment to integrate use of Salesforce and DIA Salsa. Provided Salesforce design and customization support.
FLUOR Job Corps
For the FLUOR Job Corps, we built a custom careers site using the Joomla! platform. The site allows users to create and manage profiles, upload and manage resumes, and apply for open positions. In addition, we customized the administrative interface to meet the client's needs to stream-line applicant management and reporting.
Association of American University Presses
For the Association of American University Presses, we implemented a brand new design in Joomla! and used a combination of Joomla! extensions to empower website managers with maximum control over the website. We also integrated their existing job listings database through a combination of Joomla! modules and custom coded plugins.
Council for Resource Development
Confluence designed and implemented a custom membership management system using Microsoft Access as a front-end with a hosted Microsoft SQL server backend database. The system included web-based user profile creation/update, membership enrollment/payment, a dynamic calendar, event registration, publication purchases, and many advanced reporting features. All of the web functionality was implemented in ColdFusion.
Mid-Atlantic Regional Air Management Association, Inc.
For Mid-Atlantic Regional Air Management Association, Inc., we created an entirely new design which was integrated into Joomla! and assisted in migrating content from the previous platform. In support of their many needs for dynamic tables, we also developed a Joomla! extension for creating attractive tables with sorting and filtering capabilities.
For Population Education, we completely re-implemented their existing website, design and all, in Joomla!